Saturday, August 23, 2008

Life in the fast lane....

Is it just me or has summer gone really, really,really fast? It seems like we have been on the move for quite a while, but now we are settled back home and getting used to our normal routine (well, at least two of us are, Isaac has been a bit stubborn lately). So I suppose it is only right that I catch ya'll up on the "going's on" in our lives. That is why I blog, after all!

In late July my the Jen (my sister), Shawn, and the kiddies came down and the 8 of us headed over to Gatlinburg, TN for a little vaca. We rented a cabin in the smoky mountains for a few nights. Here are a couple pictures of the view from our first cabin....




Jen and I spent literally WEEKS looking at all the different cabins over and over again before carefully selecting "Mountain Fever." I mean, we spent so much time pondering all the options, our husbands were convinced we would never even book one in time! Wouldn't you know, after all that time, a couple hours after we arrived at our cabin a storm came through and one by one, leaks started appearing. Thankfully we hadn't fully unpacked yet, and the reluctant cabin managment finally got us into a new cabin, an upgrade! Notice, I don't have any pictures of the new cabins great view...we were smack dab IN the mountains, surrounded by trees. But, it had more bedrooms, and a bigger hot tub...which turned out to be all we really needed anyways!

We spent most of our time out of the cabin, being tourists. One of my favorite places we went was Ripley's Aquarium...here are some pictures of that...

The "shark" tunnel

Jaws!

Jelly fish

Me & Isaac in a fish tank...

Another of my favorites was visiting the national park, although the traffic getting in and out of there made us all want to pull our hair out. We hiked (I use that term loosly as it was a paved trail) up to Clingmans Dome, the highest point in TN.
It was a lot higher than the picture makes it look..



Taking a break & posing on the way up...




And as you can see, Mark had fun there too!

After our smoky mountain adventure we came back to our house for a couple of days and then headed up to Michigan for the Luckey family reunion. Unfortunately Mark couldn't come up for that, it was tax free weekend here, aka the best & busiest retail days next to black friday. I don't have a whole lot of pictures from our time in MI, I must have been all to wrapped up in everything else going on. We stayed a bit longer than expected and so got to see Marks family too (he flew in last minute the following weekend for his family reunion) and got to spend a little extra time with Bryan & Christi in GR. Some unfortunate news, Grandma Prenkert has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, please pray with us for her comfort & healing.


Here are afew pictures that I did get...



Makenna & Isaac having a good time

Tummy pose
Kissin' Cousins Hanging out with messy faces

"MORE Sweet potatoes!!"

The above picture is before Isaac started refusing his food. He has tried pears, bananas, apples, peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, and prunes. At one point he seemed to like all of them, now he usually refuses them and grabs for our plates. I guess he got his fancy appetite from his daddy too! My little man is 6 months old now, can you believe it? We sure can't. He has his check up tomorrow, hopefully Dr. Ray can gives us some tips on finding foods he can and will eat! He can sit up now, all by himself. He is also reaching for anything and everything he sees, especially things he is not supposed to have, like the phone & TV remote...what is with kids and the remote anyway? We have a feeling he will be mobile before too long too, he sure gets frustrated when he can't figure out how to get to something! He is also much, much more vocal!

I don't think I've posted since we found out what was wrong with my leg. The MRI revealed a herniated lumbar-sacral disc (top of my tailbone) and that is putting pressure on my sciatic nerve. I am continuing to see the chiropractor, and starting physical therapy soon too, it is already starting to feel better. My doctor says I won't be running for a good 5-6 months while I heal. This was a big bummer for me, I was looking forward to getting out there & training for some races. I really felt motivated this time too, usually I "want" to run but never do but this time it was different. The last time it was different and I started running again, I got pregnant shortly thereafter. Funny how that works huh? Well, first I was feeling pretty down about it, but I decided that if I can't run, then I will bike! So we picked out a bike seat looks like it will be much more friendly on the hind quarters, and a bright blue helmet. Mark thinks I look silly, but at least I will be safe...he'll be laughing until I guilt him into strapping one on when he starts biking....i'll make sure to post a picture of that! :D. My Ipod is loaded up, and my first day is tomorrow....I hope I can survive the hills down here!

Well thats about it for now, the little monkey is up from his nap!

Love to all,
Steph

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker