Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pumpkin Farm!

I took Isaac to a local pumpkin farm on Tuesday with other moms & kids from the group I joined. It was great! The owners were so friendly with us and the kids, one of them even let one of the little girls in our group help him harvest fresh eggs from the hen house, and then gave them (along with fresh tomatoes & peppers) to her to take home! Isaac enjoyed himself, as he usually enjoys anything outdoors. He liked being around the other kids too, and was intrigued by the farm animals. Especially the rooster that was cock-a-doodle-dooing all afternoon. Rather loudly at that! He also saw goats, lambs, piglets, calves, ducks (my favorite), turkey's, miniature horses, and lots of others. I wasn't so crazy about the gazillion bugs flying around the animals, but there isn't much to be done about that. After that we went on a "hayride" which ironically, had no hay! I'm not sure why. And then picked out some pumpkins before heading home. Here are some pictures from out little adventure!

Mommy & Isaac

Check out my pumpkin!"What the?!"
Making friends w/ Avary"Don't even think about taking my sunglasses!"

Love you all,


Steph

3 comments:

Monique said...

Just as an fyi... The counter on your page is not working. It said 38 and that's what it said last time I was on. I reloaded the page, then it said 15, now it says 0. Maybe it's counting down :) I sent your pictures and coupons today!

Steph said...

It's not a counter, it is a time bomb!!!! lol. I notcied that too, not sure what is up with that. Last week it was in the 100's.

Monique said...

42 this time. I'm sure Hudson will like the picture. Ham festival! Wow...your community must really like ham to have a whole festival dedicated to it :)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker