Almost two
Sunday's ago I started to get Isaac dressed for church, and noticed spots! On his lower abdomen. They did not look like your run of the mill rash so I called the doctor and took him in. Chicken Pox! I would have never even thought that - people still get chicken pox?! It is rare, but they sure do. Children aren't vaccinated until after 1 for safety reasons. So somewhere between the rec center, grocery shopping, and
play dates, he got exposed. Though
neither the rec center nor anyone from
play dates have reported any cases. So it is still a mystery. Regardless, little man had a rough week. He dealt better that we thought he was going to. But was pretty uncomfortable and couldn't sleep well. The spots now have all scabbed and are beginning to fade. I will be glad when they are all gone and I can take him back into public! Here are a few pics of the
Poxster.
Day 1: Still smiling.

He's trying to figure out why I put oatmeal in his bath. "breakfast at bedtime, mom?"

They got worse than this, but these are the last pictures I have before he started to heal. His face, back, and diaper area were the worst. Poor guy!
yay! I'm feeling better!!

We had planned on having a small
Superbowl party. His
BFF from church, Luke, was going to come over, but the Chicken Pox put a stop to that. Chris and
Geal braved the elements, having already had the chicken pox. So, our small
Superbowl party turned even smaller, but the company was great! Here is a pic of my super bowl football field cake. The tested the recipe I wanted to use for Isaac's Birthday party, and it
definitely passed!
I'm a decorating beginner, okay!

Speaking of Isaac's Birthday party, it is fast approaching!! I can hardly believe it has been almost a year since we were announcing
this and
this . Can you? Our baby boy is
swiftly becoming a toddler. We are blessed. In light of the big 1, Isaac has started graduating to big boy cows' milk! I started weening him earlier this week, and so far it is going fairly well. At first he was like "this is a joke, right?" but he is taking to it better than I thought. Before I know it he will probably be full weened and he and mommy will move on from this stage. It is a bittersweet feeling, indeed. I never imagined I'd make it this long and still be nursing, but I am
grateful for the bond it has sewn between us. Maybe I will through a weening party for him when we're done - and a Mom's night out for me!!
Mommy's favorite little man!

Blueberries - YUM!
"

The new monkey bathroom-



We are still on the job hunt. Mark has has a couple of promising 1st and 2nd interviews, which is a relief, but we are still waiting on an offer. We are trying to stay focused on the fact that God has a plan for us, and praying that something comes through soon. Thank you everyone for your thoughts, concerns, and prayers. We'll keep you updated!
Until next time,
Steph
2 comments:
OOHH!!! It makes me so sad to look at that photo of him in the bathtub with his pox!!!
Love love love the monkey bathroom, Steph!!!
Mark, this comment's for you - SUCK IT!
Thanks! I like the monkey's too. I still need to paint, get matching towels, and the monkey trash and toothbrush. But those will come later! Maybe they will go on clearance!
Post a Comment