Monday, March 2, 2009

Valentine's Day



Our playgroup "Mighty Moms of Spring Hill" has been blessed with a lot of new members recently! Isaac and I are expecially excited because there are now three boys right around the same age as Isaac! It has been a lot of fun for the kiddos and mommy's alike. We had a valentine's playdate to celebrate the day of love. Instead of handing out paper valentines, I decided to make valentine cookies for everyone. Thanks to much help from Mary, I pulled it off. Well, okay, I mostly pulled it off. I ran into some trouble with the royal icing. Somehow too much air got involved and it ended up very similar to meringue. So, instead of drying hard and smooth, my icing dried sticky and shimmery. Oh well, they still tasted good, and the kids liked them!




Isaac in the valentine's Tshirt I made him


Ladies Man


"Hey there.."




Some of the cookies...



Special delivery!
Isaac's box for collecting Valentine's

2 comments:

Mary Stoinski said...

Ha! I love Isaac's LOVE BOX! I wish I would've had a playgroup like that for my kiddies, that's really awesome, Steph!

Manda said...

Oh my goodness! I wish I had your drive and creativity! I haven't been reading other's blogs since mine was gone- I never got on blogger anymore to see the updates. It's good to be back in touch!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker