Monday, March 2, 2009

Isaac's Birthday Weekend


Sorry that I am a little behind on updating! (whats new?). We had a lot of family come down from MI for Isaac's firsth birthday party. Things were a bit crowded, but we had a lot of fun and I am so glad for Isaac that they were able to be here.

It is so hard to believe my baby is a big ONE YEAR OLD already! Where did that time go?
We chose a Monkey theme for Isaac's first birthday. Partly because he is a little monkey, and partly because his monkey toy from build a bear is his favorite.
The first to arrive in town early thursday morning were the Kolonichs'....Isaac was glad to see them...


Then he protested by taking his pants off when I tried to put him down for a nap while new company was here...


We spent thursday enjoying one anothers company, drinking a few beers and awaiting the arrival of my Mom, Dad, and Aunt Marsha. They arrived about dinner time and we all sat down together to eat some homemade Chili and honey corn bread (yum!). Once the kids were in bed we got to work on some decorations for the party and my friend Casey stopped by with a few surprises in tow. Amongst many other things she let me borrow and made, she made this pull string pinata for Isaac party-now that is talent! Thanks Casey!



Friday rolled around and after a brief moment with a hot cup of coffee, reality struck (aka Jenny) and I realized how much cake making and decorating needed to get done! Jen and I got started on the cakes and Mom, Dad, and A. Marsha ran into town for a few last minutes errands. Having all the help was great! I don't have any cake making pics, but here are the finished products: All in all we ran the cycle of bake, clean, decorate, clean, bake....from 8:30 am to 11pm! It might not have taken so long if we didn't talk so much, but that is half the fun of it! By the end of the night we were both in our shoes because our feet hurt so bad from standing on the wood floors all day! I think I wore her out!

Saturday rolled around and it was time to party!!!









Thank you everyone for all of your help! Thank your Lord for my sweet and wonderful little boy! Happy Birthday Isaac! You are loved!

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker