Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's Mommy!


Well, what an amazing week I have had! It is good to be back in the blogging world, though I don't promise much, Isaac is sleeping and therefore I must also take advantage! But, I wanted to take a few minutes to post some new pictures of my amazing boy, and talk some mommy talk!
I spent nine months preparing myself to enter the world of motherhood, and still I am completey blown away. The birth experience itself was the most amazing thing I have ever been through in my entire life. (thank goodness for epidurals!). I have a new found respect for myself and my body, and I am in awe of the miracle of life our God made possible. It truly, truly, is amazing. Thank the Lord.
Isaac has been home for almost a week now! I can't believe it. He was born weighing 7lb, 11oz. Came home weighing 7lbs even, and at his first doctors visit on wednesday was back up to 7lbs, 15oz! Mommy's little porker is doing great! He had a slight case of jaundice which really had Mark and I worried, but everything is fine now and he is a healthy little man! We are very grateful and blessed.
Isaac was baptized in the name of our Lord Jesus on Sunday February 24th. We are grateful that timing with our Pastor and his Aunt Jenny and Uncle Shawn (his sponsors) worked out and we were able to do it while they were here. It is times like these when I really wish we lived a little closer, to share the miracle of his salvation with all of Isaacs' family. I added a couple of pictures to share with you instead. He wore the same baptism outfit that his daddy wore when he was baptized. (thank you grandma Norcross).
Here are some more pictures of Isaac's first week of life outside the womb!

Here is Isaac coming home from the hospital in his cool cozy car seat A. Christi & Phyllis got for him, and his first (at home) sponge bath!

Looking so sweetand innocent shortly after he peed on himself, and the grumpy face!


Isaac with Aunt Jenny, and then with Grandma & Grandpa Norcross


I saved the most precious picture for the last. Enough said.

That is it for now, my eyelids are heavy!

Love to you all,

Steph

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker