Saturday, June 21, 2008

Arrington Vineyards

Hello everyone! Something out of the norm here....This is Mark writing rather than Steph. I believe the last time I posted something on the blog was when Isaac was born. Today we celebrated his 4 month birthday by taking him to the Arrington Winery! Just joking! Below is a picture of the wine tasting facility at the vineyard. By the way, it is owned and operated by Kix Brooks of Brooks and Dunn!
Bright purple flowers! I grabbed a few and gave them to Steph and told her i bought them for her! (Joke!)
Now to the important part. As you can see below the sign directed us to the most important part of the facility. The main room where you enjoy free wine tasting. We tried a sample of "Staggs White." It was so tasty that we purchased a bottle and proceeded to drink it along with our packed picnic lunch (Subway turkey sangwhiches) on the deck of the winery. The view was magnificent! You could see for miles!
Below are a couple of photos that we "snapped" overlooking the fields of grapes. Notice the serious look on Isaac. He was upset that his mom and dad withheld the succulent grape nectar from him.

After drinking our Staggs I was unable to help myself as we re-entered the tasting room. After a few more samples we purchased two bottles of the reserved KB 105 Cabernet, a bottle of raspberry desert wine, red fox chardonnay, and Shiraz!! Can't wait to open and try them!
Hope you all enjoyed my blog update. Perhaps I'll do it again sometime!!! Mark

1 comment:

Mary Stoinski said...

Mark...umm...ur gay. That raspberry desert wine sounds awesome! Glad to know you enjoyed the grape nectar, retard.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker