Monday, June 9, 2008

Our Father's Day Weekend...




Mark found out early last week that unfortunately he would have to work on Fathers day weekend :(. Some national meeting and they are holding it in Nashville. So, Isaac wanted to make sure we did something really special for him. We celebrated this weekend instead. We made daddy a tee time on Saturday morning @ 8am. They let mommy & Isaac ride along. Isaac really enjoyed it. It didn't get too warm, and we kept him shaded from the sun, but he loved being outside and looking around learning about trees, birds, and icky bugs. Mark enjoyed having us along, he said this way, when Isaac is getting interviewed after winning the "green jacket" he can say his first time on a golf course was at 3 1/2 months! I say, we'll see about that.

After golfing we came home, had lunch, and all three took a nap. Then Mark went to part 2 of his weekend, a 90 minute hot stone massage. He was thoughtful and threw in a eyebrow wax for himself....he no longer has "angry eyes." That evening, we took Mark to his favorite restaurant, Asuka. He was in hog heaven, and so were the people we shared the hibachi with. They thought Isaac was the coolest thing since sliced bread, and I'd have to say I agree!

Sunday was all about the food. After church I made his mom's breakfast bake, and later for dessert I got him vanilla bean cheesecake factory cheesecake! (OK, I guess it was for me too) but it is his favorite flavor...they sell it at super target! Later we went over a friends house for a cookout with a few other couples from church. It was really good to get out and talk with other adults, but I didn't realize how hard it was to take your baby to a friends who doesn't have kids! I should of thought ahead, but I guess I know better for next time. There was no where to lay him down to play/sleep, everything was hardwood and of course there were no kiddie gadgets to sit in. So, he spent most of the time on my hip, some on Mark's and he did let other people hold him, a little. He was however, the star of the party. He passed out about 2 minutes after we got in the car, and didn't get up until 6am (his usual time) this morning.

Well, I'm going to end it now, he is taking his morning nap and I want to enjoy my coffee while it is still hot! yay!

Sleeping by the 3rd hole

This is the look I get when I'm wearing my sunglasses..."WHOA, Mom, don't move, you've got a HUGE fly on your face!!!"

Daddy & Isaac CutieThe drink of future golf champions...
"Golfing is hard work!"
Cheesin' for bath time

He probably just farted on me!

Only a couple more weeks before we are in MI! Can't wait to see everyone!

Love,

Steph

6 comments:

Monique said...

Love the fart picture! We were at Adriane's today and she was completely and totally repulsed by the noises coming from Kaiden's lower half. She was also a bit turned off by his ability to eliminate goods from both ends simultaneously. What days are you guys going to be home? I know we've discussed this before, but you know me...

Monique said...

Make sure you get the sprayer for the diapers too. It's expensive, but it makes them so much easier to clean. There is also some spray that makes them not smelly that has really good reviews that I want to try out. If you order from diapers.com you should try the tushies flushable wipes. They are about the same thickness as pampers wipes, but smaller. It's just nice not having to throw poop wipes in the trash. Also, I think there is some referal thing on diapers.com. I will have to look into it, but I think we both get some sort of credit or discount if you use my name. You can also enter in new user codes for $10 off, the one I used is bcenter. Happy dipaering!

Mary Stoinski said...

Ha! In that last picture - he totally looks like Uncle Frank when he's having one of his "narcolepsy moments."

Steph said...

Mary Norcross! Oops, I mean, Mary Stoinski! I can't believe you said that....hahaha

Monique said...

so i commented on my own page..im a dork. Anyway, I hope it works out for you to stay. I could use another girls night...even if it is 2+ weeks away!

Mary Stoinski said...

OMG! I told my mom about the "Uncle Frank" thing and she's totally pissed!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker