Saturday, December 27, 2008

Isaac's First Christmas!



We are having video-uploading diffuculties;please check back soon for the christmas morning video!!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!

It was so nice of all our family in MI to ship down presents for us. Thank you! Maybe next year we will get to exchange gifts in person!

I got up a little early to get breakfast started, and Mark entertained Isaac (who rarely sleeps in past 5:30/6am) until breakfast was in the oven, coffee was brewed, and I had the camera ready. As you may have noticed, he was particularily enamored by the bows on the presents. After he pulled off the first one you saw in the video, he made his way around to every box with a bow, expanding his collection. Then, his stocking caught his eye:





Lucy guarded her loot with a watchful eye:





We opened some more presents:









Isaac had fun playing with the paper, ribbons, and the presents. Mark and I ended up opening some of his presents for him, because it wasn't long before he lost interest. Then he went for a wagon ride around the house! I don't mean to upset any of you MichiGanders, but he also went for one outside a little later - it was in the fifties and sunny! After the wagon tour, we had breakfast. Isaac loved the Dandurand traditional marshmallow breakfast rolls, and we also enjoyed some breakfast bake.



Isaac took a nap, I read my new book(Twilight), and Mark put together his kegerator! When Isaac woke up, I started getting dinner in the oven. here is me, posing "cookbook style" with my new apron (that I totally love)! The serving plate is from my mom...along with 3 others and a tiered entertaining stand for them! (thanks!)




We had a quiet dinner, spent some nice family time together, and got the little monkey in the bath tub.




Isaac went to bed, and we spent some time with our new gifts (my book, his keg) and turned in for the night. We both agree that this is by far the best christmas ever. Isaac is the greatest joy in our lives, and sharing this celebration with him for the first time, is something we will never forget!




Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and lots of Love to everyone,



Steph, Mark, and Isaac

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker