December 5
th was Spring Hill's first Christmas Parade! It was a chilly 30 something degrees, but I made some homemade hot chocolate, and we bundled up and went into town. It was a small, but good parade. Isaac enjoyed all the lights and people, but his favorite parts were the bands! He liked all the noise and is really starting to like music too. I walked into a store in the mall that had their music blaring and he practically danced out of my arms with excitement!
Here is our recycling service in the parade!

Santa himself. The parade ended up at a park in town, where Santa stayed for visits. We were too cold to stay.

Yep,
that's a riding lawn mower
pulling that train,
lol.

Trying to stay warm with his Daddy...

We have been keeping busy around here. Getting ready for
Christmas when you have a little one around is a lot of fun! I haven't been as excited about a
Christmas since I was a kid! We had our church
Christmas party the same weekend as the parade, and there we discovered "sausage balls." As we have been told, they are a staple at southern gathering - and they were mighty tasty. Similar to a weenie-roll up at a
Prenkert Party I suppose. I'm going to attempt to make them for tomorrow.
Isaac had his 9 month check up and was 19lbs, 11oz, and 29 inches long! It is hard to believe but it is almost time to start planning is first birthday party! Where has the time gone? He is now discovering more and more new tastes at the dinner table - I don't know about you, but from the looks of these pictures - I think he might like applesauce!


See the two new chompers he's gotten? He now has two top and two bottom teeth. The doctor says the side ones will be in soon. He is just learning how to use them. A few days ago he was having cheerios for breakfast, and I heard "
crruunch" (usually they just get soggy and mushed to oblivion) I gave him a big smile and said "Good job, you chomped your cheerio!" He continued to eat and a few cheerios later I heard "
cruunch" again and before I could say anything he gave me a big smile and started clapping. What can I say, he's a crowd-
pleaser!
Isaac has always been a big fan of
bath time. Now that he is mobile and more cognitively aware, we can't say the "bath" word unless he is actually going to take a bath right then. So we have resorted to spelling b-a-t-h when we are discussing things like,
"who is going to give Isaac a b-a-t-h tonight?" As soon as he hears the word or the water running he grins from ear to ear and heads to the bathroom. I could barely get him
undressed he was so eager to get there. So we took advantage of the photo-op and now have a few photos that, when discovered later in life, will surely result in a big "
MooOOOoommm!!"


More updates coming soon - Including Isaac's visit to Santa Claus!
Love to all,
Steph
1 comment:
That so true about bath time Madilyn goes nuts if I even say the word.
Post a Comment